All submissions should be typed double-spaced using Times New Roman font style ( for abstract 8.5 pts, main text 10 pts and all headings in caps 12 pts.) with margins of a] least 2.5 cm (1 inch) on all four sides.
Author’s Profile: Author’s name, contact and affiliation etc. should be included on a separate page and must not appear anywhere (main text, header, footer) in the submitted contribution. This will facilitate the blind review process and would save you from delays in the review process.
Headings and Sub Headings: All caps, bold, 12 pts Times New Roman including the title of the manuscript:
Abstract: should not be more than 350 words and should be a comprehensive capture the contents of the complete paper.
Key words: Provide at least 5 keywords to classify and access your paper on digital forums
Tables & Diagrams: All figures and tables should bear a title and these should be numbered consecutively and inserted within the text in black and white instead of colour.
Footnotes & Endnotes: are not permitted. The paper should include all necessary and complete information within the main text.
References: All submissions to JSSIR should follow the requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.), which can be obtained from the American Psychological Association at www.apa.org.
All references cited in the text should appear alphabetically at the end of each paper. Below are examples of entries for a quick and ready reference to help you:
In-Text Citations: Author/Authors
Citing A Work by Two Authors: Note the use of “and” “&”
• Research by Dar and Zaki (2011) supports...
• (Dar & Zaki, 2011)
Citing Three to Five Authors: List all the authors first time you cite the work.
• (Dar, Ahsan, Ali, Reyaz, & Anwar, 1993)
In all subsequent citations, list the first author's last name followed by "et al."
• (Dar et al., 1993)
Citing a work with Six or More Authors: List only the first author's name followed by et al.
• Zaki et al. (2011) argued...
• (Zaki et al., 2011)
Citing Two or More Works within same Parentheses: When multiple works within same parenthesis, list them in the order in which they appear in the reference list, separated by a semi-colon.
• (Rahman, 2010; Siddiqui, 2005)
Books (single and multiple authors):
• Raza, T. (2006). Cultural Diversity in Pakistan. Lahore: Oxford University Press
• Calfee, R. C., & Valencia, R. R. (1991). APA guide to preparing manuscripts for journal publication. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. Edited Book (No Author and with Author/s)
• Shamim, F., & Qureshi, R. (Eds.). (2010). Perils, pitfalls and reflexivity in qualitative research in education. Krachi: Oxford University Press.
• Khan, S. (2000). The new horizons. A.A. Zahid, (Ed.). New York, NY: Wadsworth.
Journals (print, electronic and electronic with assigned DOI)
• Mahmood , M. F., Kazmi, H. H., & Zaki, S. (2010). Reproductive health violence. Journal of Sociology , 25(2), 35-46.
• Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Date of publication). Title of article. Title of Online Periodical, volume number(issue number if available). Retrieved from http://www.someaddress.com/full/url/
• Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Date of publication). Title of article. Title of Journal, volume number, page range. doi:0000000/000000000000
Magazine and Newspaper article:
• Qaisar, Z. (2002, April 9). Regulating the Deregulation. Times, 215, 46-51.
• Sadeeq, E. (2009, September 18). Open letter to the Prime Minister. The Express Tribune, pp. 15,16 - 17.
Dissertation (Published and Unpublished)
• Lastname, F. N. (Year). Title of dissertation. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from Name of database. (Accession or Order Number)
• Lastname, F. N. (Year). Title of dissertation. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Name of Institution, Location.
Ahsan, N. M., & Reyaz, U. (Eds.). (2008). Proceedings from NSEOP '08: The First National Seminar on English for Occupational Purposes. Lahore: University of the Punjab.